Monday, October 10, 2005

I took the day off yesterday and I must have slept 25 hours. :-) Okay, maybe just a good part of the day. But I did feel exhausted. I had a whole day planned, but decided to just sleep, and watch football in between naps. Apparently, I needed it because I barely moved all day. LOL I even read a couple of chapters of the short book I've been reading for the past month or so, Soul City by Toure. And I feel refreshed now. Energized! Which is good, because I'm going to need all that energy to get caught up. Come to think of it, I can't remember the last time I took an entire day off.

More of the same. I have mailings and announcements for this week's signing; make arrangements for books for an end of the month signing; finalize an additional signing for next month, prepare and mail shipments, sell sheets to stores to request they order my book (if they haven't already) mail receipts to my publisher, put together my final email campaign, and do promotions. And then I have to squeeze in editing First Fridays. :-)

Well, let me get started. Ain't nothing to it, but to do it!

5 comments:

TJ Brown Mon Oct 10, 10:16:00 AM EDT  

Days off are good. Of course, then you have bunches to do to get caught up. Vacations are the worst. You work like the devil to make time and then work like the devil to catch up. Almost not worth it unless there are big nummy drinks involved:)
Teri

Frederick Smith Mon Oct 10, 11:34:00 AM EDT  

Love the days off. My weekend was relaxing, too. And that's cool that you read Soul City. I liked it a lot.
fs

princessdominique Mon Oct 10, 08:37:00 PM EDT  

As hard as you've been working Cherlyn you deserve it. Glad you got a good day in. That can sometimes feel like a vacation :)

Shelia Tue Oct 11, 09:12:00 PM EDT  

With your schedule, sounds like you needed the rest.

The Foxybrown Show Wed Oct 12, 11:15:00 AM EDT  

Get your rest and then get back to the show!