Tuesday, July 19, 2005

I'm 150 words shy of my daily goal of 2,000 quality words. I say quality words because it's quite easy to throw 2,000 words on a page (I've been blessed not to run into a case of writer's block, but I know I'm in the beginning of my writing career). I had to stop to mail packages and I'm about to go to the gym. As I writer, going to the gym a minimum of 3 days a week is a MUST DO on my list. Otherwise, I'd get no exercise with writing all day and my the end of a book I'd be big as a house! LOL I still haven't managed to lose these last 10 - 15 pounds, but that's another story. Going to the gym gives me a chance to get out out my apartment and meet characters, (did I say that?) keeps the health in check, the heart pumping, and the stress level low. And afterwards, I'm going to a St. Louis Writer's Studio meeting. Then I'll come back to finish up my last few words for the day.

I think I need to sit down and watch more TV. I attended the Joe Torry Give Back the Love event this weekend and had a good time. He has an event here in his hometown every year and brings celebrities in to mentor and tutor kids, and raise money for the foundation. Last year, there were many people that I recognized. This year, unfotunately, the only person that I can tell you about off the top of my head is Dawn Lewis who played on A Different World. She sang the national anthem before the celebrity basketball game and she has an outstanding voice. I heard there were stars from movies and TV...Star Trek I remember. But I didn't recognize the names or faces of any of them. But I know it was just me because it seemed that everyone did and they were all screaming and going wild. It's funny because I have to have some background noise while writing and the TV is ALWAYS on. But I just realized that I'm never really watching it.

Anyway, the weekend was a lot of fun, and yes, I did get my daily quota in. I'm on a roll with the second book and the discipline is going great. I'm getting better and better at it each day.

2 comments:

Shelia Wed Jul 20, 02:42:00 AM EDT  

Congrats on meeting your daily goal.

Cherlyn Michaels Thu Jul 21, 10:14:00 AM EDT  

Thanks Shelia!
I ran short yesterday, so I'm going to have to make it up today. :-)