Saturday, July 25, 2009

A SIMPLE LIFE



I'm looking at my empty living room and counting down the days when I will have the time to go sofa shopping. Well, actually, I know the sofa that I want. Found it online months ago. But I want to go see it at the store to be sure that I really do like it and I haven't had the time to do so. My main concern? Size. I want to make sure it's not to big where it will take up a lot of space. To say I love spacious rooms is probably an understatement. I like it darn near bare. The least amount of furniture and furnishings as possible.

This concept extends further for me. I actually don't like large spaces. Feel uncomfortable in big houses or apartments. Prefer studio condo or apartment living in a nice highrise with a view (non existent where I am now). I like simple color schemes. Basic white, off-white or beige with dark furniture. Totally white bathroom: shower curtain, hamper, all towels. White kitchen: plain white dishes, matching glassware...no colored cups. I dislike the clutter of entertainment systems and devices and upscale toys everywhere.

I like small spaces that are free of expensive clutter with lines and bookcases of books at every turn; and, open windows with views of the sunrise or sunset and a body of water, if possible.

Not that everything needs a reason, but I do wonder why sometimes. When I bought a 2-bedroom condo, I stayed in one room all the time and ended up hating the beautiful place. Hated both the size of it and the fact that I felt tied down. And I think that maybe that's it. I like freedom of movement. Seems like I move every 2 years or less to change my environment. The more furniture I have, the more cumbersome it is to move.

So maybe, I come full circle again....maybe I'm just afraid of commitment...hmmmm...

2 comments:

Rose Sun Jul 26, 03:06:00 PM EDT  

Cherilyn afraid of committment, nah! Maybe the character in Raindrops, not you...LOL!

Cherlyn Michaels Mon Jul 27, 12:10:00 PM EDT  

oh...you remember that, huh/ uh...that's just a coincidence...lol!