Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The last few days have been rough. I've been attempting to rearrange my internal clock to better achieve my goals. I've decided to workout first thing in the morning before work, then go to work, then spend the evenings reading and writing. With me already leaving at 5:45AM to go to work, and it usually taking me an hour to get ready for work, it's been like having jet lag. And in addition to that, I'm not one to wake up and just hop out of bed (only weird people like my coworker do that, lol). I have to slowly come into the morning to greet the world with a smile. LOL Seriously. Whatever time I need to get up, I set the alarm 45 minutes prior to "wake up" time and snooze every 15 minutes. So, my alarm goes off three time for me to "wake up." Now, once we reach that point, I get up and make coffee, light incense and get back in bed until the coffee's done. Yes, those additional two minutes are important to the morning wake up process. Then, I get up, make a cup of coffee, and mediate while it cools. I drink coffee while browsing emails, and then, finally, I can actually get up. :-) So, with me now adding a 30 - 45 minute workout before work, I'm getting up at 3AM.

Now, in order for me to get up at 3AM and make through the entire day without biting somebody's head off, I must,.. I say, I MUST, get at least eight hours of sleep. I know some go-getters can survive off 4, 5, or 6 hours of sleep. My body don't play that. LOL So I'm trying to train my body to go to sleep at 7PM. Not an easy thing to do. And it strange because I'm thinking if I get up at 3AM, come 5, 6, or 7PM, I'd be dog tired. But not so. I can feel fatigue in my body, but the mind is alert. So I'm trying sleep aids for the moment. The package said they're not addictive and I'm counting on that. :-)

On the upside, I'm loving getting my workout in first thing in the morning. Because then, it's done and I don't have to feel bad about skipping because work made me to tired or I just plain don't feel like it. And after work, I can just concentrate on writing. When I'm able to train my body to go to sleep on time, I think I'm going to love this schedule.

3 comments:

Carleen Brice Fri Jan 18, 05:18:00 PM EST  

Good grief, girl! 3 am??! More power to ya!

Rose Thu Jan 24, 05:00:00 PM EST  

Going to bed at 7:00 p.m.? Wow! Never in my lifetime unless I am ill. I am one of those people who survive off 3 or 4 hours of sleep. But then I have no energy to exercise.

Cherlyn Michaels Thu Jan 31, 05:33:00 AM EST  

Hey Carleen and Rose, I'm very much a morning person. LOL I'd rather got to sleep at 7PM and wake up early. I can get more done. And, Rose, 3 or 4 hours of sleep? Whew! I'd be TOAST!!!! I need 7 - 8 hours or I'm no good, not even to myself! :-)