Sunday, January 06, 2008

Okay, I guess I can't put it off any longer. It's the end of the first week of January. So, no matter how much of a procrastinator I am, I have to admit, it's time to take down the tree. Uh, or rather, in my case, time to put the tree away on the top shelf of the closet. LOL I loved this custom made tree. My coworker makes themed tabletop Christmas trees as a hobby and made one for me with motorcycles. Little Suzuki 600's in every color. My kind of tree. :-)

Well, it's official. The race is on. I broke down and called my agent yesterday. Well, let me rephrase. I texted my agent yesterday. I had been avoiding this for months because I knew I we would get into the status of the completion of book three, which is not complete, even though we talked about it last year this time. So, I texted and she immediately called me back. Like in two minutes. Oh...joy. Isn't it great to have an agent with immediate response? I mean, like, real IMMEDIATE? Great. Sigh. LOL

I jest.

So, she called me back in like 2.4 seconds and it turns out she could tell I had a lot going on and was giving me time. See, she was/is a writer as well and understands how life can get in the way. And she could tell, from what I submitted, that I didn't have the time to focus on my book. We agree that it's a great story, but hey, what I turned in just truly sucked big time. Being the agent that she is, she didn't say that, but stated that it "needed to be developed." No, it SUCKED Jenoyne. Say it! Say it! IT SUCKED!

But anyway, she actually proceeded to share with me some exciting news that I hope to be able to blog about this month. Details are not complete yet so I have to wait. But we talked about projects going out and agreed that I should have book three finished by the end of February. So, it's a little different now. Yes, I set a deadline for myself for this same date, but it's different when it becomes an actual deadline. But, now, since I'm already writing and the character sketches and chapter-by-chapter outline is complete, I don't feel rushed. But it does mean I need to write everyday. So, another excuse to put off socializing until Spring! :-)

2 comments:

Frederick Smith Tue Jan 08, 03:16:00 PM EST  

Wow. I didn't know Jenoyne was your agent. I know Jenoyne. She is cool people... if it's the same Jenoyne living in L.A.

Small world!
fs

Cherlyn Michaels Sat Jan 12, 09:05:00 AM EST  

Hey Fred! Yeah, small world. It's the same Jenoyne who lives in L.A. She's great people! :-)